I hate to spread the hate, but I was just watching the latest Top Ten list from the Late Show with David Letterman, and it was pretty funny. Here it is:
Top Ten Sarah Palin Excuses For Spending $150,000 On Clothes
- The difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull: lipstick, Prada shoes, a Gucci handbag, and a few $3,000 suits
- In addition to every newspaper and magazine, I also read every catalog
- Hmm…excuses? I’ll find some and I’ll get right back to ya!
- Because the dollar is so weak, it’s really like I only spent $50,000
- I fell for the liberal retailers’ ‘gotcha sales tactics’
- Maverick, Joe the plumber, maverick, maverick, William Ayers, you betcha!
- Wanted to impress the American voters in the evening gown competition
- Auditioning to be Paris Hilton’s BFF
- The old man spends more on Polident
- Need to look good for the Russians who can see me in Alaska
In his monologue, Dave also had this good one-liner: “Sarah Palin doesn’t shop at low-end stores. As a matter of fact, she thinks Old Navy is John McCain’s nickname.” Jokes aside, I do think, as I have stated before, that the McCain campaign is to blame for the $150,000 shopping spree and not Sarah Palin.