The Obama Administration is testing the waters by leaking the possibility that it may abandon a public option component to its health care reform plan. In other words, it will once again cave to the lobbies, special interests, and the right-wing pro-ignorance American Taliban.
On everything from torture, Guantanamo, human rights, the use of military force, transparency, and now health care, Obama is nothing more than pretty words reinforcing the good old status quo. It is pathetic. The worst of all, though, is that so many ridiculously stupid people in the country believe that Obama is a radical. He is nothing but. He has proven to be part of the machine, and his inability to stick to something so basic, such a no-brainer, so elementary in every other advanced country in the world highlights just how dangerously our country is sliding into the abyss of thirdworlddom.
Here are a couple of decent articles on today on health care and Obama chickening out:
- “More Crisis Needed” by Fareed Zakaria
- “In Defense of Britain’s Health System” by Ara Darzi and Tom Kibasi
- “British Like Their Health Care, Don’t Care What You Think” by Alex Koppelman
- “The Swiss Menace” by Paul Krugman
- “The Public Option’s Last Stand” by Robert Reich