What’s the difference between Sarah Palin and George W. Bush?
Well, and maybe that Sarah Palin can speak in complete sentences. But other than those two minor differences (and judging from what little information is filtered to the voting public), their similarities are striking. They both believe in
- Toughness over intelligence, at all costs
- Energy companies over the environment and tax payers
- Government not regulating corporations but regulating your private lives.
- Church and state, capital punishment, guns, and death.
- Torture and war.
- Vanilla ice cream.
- That small towns where there are less blacks and immigrants have better moral values because they censor their public libraries.
- They have barely traveled abroad and have no shame in rejoicing over the fact that they represent every negative stereotype of the U.S.A. around the world.
- Ignorance is bliss and Americans will believe just about anything if Fox News tells it to them more than once.