Not another post about books! At least it’s not another one about the rain (everyone loves the sushine). I am finally trying to be a little bit more “reasonable” about my purchases, but I just saw that Haruki Murakami’s most recent novel, After Dark, has finally come out in English. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem, but I already have a pretty long line of books on deck to finish before going on another book buying rampage. But, it’s Murakami, probably my favorite writer. So, I decided to order the book anyways, and because I hate to waste the effort on Amazon with only one purchase, I added Paul Bowles’ Let it Come Down to the list.
I will definitely put After Dark at the top of the list and then continue in the following order, inshallah:
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, El coronel no tiene quien le escriba
- Alaa Al Aswany, The Jacoubian Building
- Irene Nemirovsky, Suite Française
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Half of a Yellow Sun
- Alberto Vazquez-Figueroa, Tuareg (gracias, Neska)
- Nadine Gordimer, The Conservationist.